In the Media
- CRAIN’S New York Business: Classes offer new take on tech /October 2014
- Surfing Tsunamis /October 2014
Laura speaking with South American delegation of Educators, May 2016
- Laura @ Teachers College Creative Technologies Symposium / November 2014
- Laura @ Festival BA Emprende
- Live Science: Inner-city Students Innovate and Create at GreenFab / 2011
- Center for digital education: South Bronx ‘GreenFab’ Customizes Education / 2010
- National Science Foundation Newsmedia, Building it Better. See inventions in this photo gallery.
Credit and Larger Version of Green Fab projects
- National Science Foundation Newsmedia, Computer Scientists Bring Digital World to Bronx
- A search for something new Blog: Laura Allen and Vision
- The New York Times: Robofest NYC,
- MIT News: Mindfest
- National Lab Day: Exemplary projects
- CRAIN’S New York Business: Perfect pitch: Revenge of the scorpion bots / 2012
- Legos goes robotic
- The Young Inventors Project Lego robotics book
WE speak about Making and Robotics!
- Laura @ FIED – Foro Internacional de Innovación Educativa /Buenos Aires, Argentina – October 2014.
- Laura @ Technology & Learnings Tech Forum /Chicago – 2015
- Laura @ Why so few girls tinkering?, Mindfest by MIT Media Lab
- Laura and EJ @ PACE University Seidenberg School of computer science and information systems
- Laura and EJ @ Poughkeepsie Day School, From STEM to STEAM and beyond
- Laura @ Unlocking the clubhouse: bridging the gender gap for girls and women in computing, Mainlygirls
- Classroom Robotics: Case Stories of 21st Century Instruction for Millennial Students
- Exploring LEGO® MINDSTORMS EV3: Tools and Techniques for Building and Programming Robots.
- The Young Inventors Project, Lego Robotic Book
- Reference Manual for Scratch
Sesame Street Films At Robofun
In April 2013, we were thrilled to welcome Sesame Street to our studio to film an episode with Murray the Monster about our programming! The clip features our students as they work with Kashif Hoyte, one of our teachers and our very own automaton artist, EJ Park. Please take a moment to view it and see us in action!
Laura Allen Featured in Crains
Laura Allen, our founder and CEO, is thrilled to have been featured in “Classes Offer A New Take on Tech”, an article for Crain’s New York Business magazine about STEM education. When you have a moment, please take a look!