Spend your summer with RoboFun! Your child will learn engineering, coding, problem solving and creative thinking as they build robots, design video games and develop stop motion animations.
RoboFun nurtures children’s innate passion and curiosity. Our workshops allow children to become makers and designers.
Our programs are geared towards beginner and returning students in grades PK – 6th.
We offer half-day and full-day camp options for Grades 1 – 6 during each of the weeks listed below:
- Week 1: June 6 – 10
- Week 2: June 13 – 17
- Week 3: June 20 – 24
- Week 4: June 27 – July 1
- Week 5: July 5 – 8 (No Camp on July 4)
- Week 6: July 11 – 15
- Week 7: July 18 – 22
- Week 8: July 25 – 29
- Week 9: August 1 – 5
- Week 10: August 8 – 12
- Week 11: August 15 – 19
- Week 12: August 22 – 26
- Week 13: August 29 – September 2
- Kindergarten Kids will be offered Week 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13. Half day ONLY.
- Little Engineers (ages 3-5) will be offered Week 3, 7, and 11 *Children should be potty trained* Half-day ONLY.
- Stop Motion Animation (grades 4-6) will be offered Week 3, 6, 9 and 12.
A Typical Day at Robofun Summer Camp
- 9am-12pm: LEGO® Robotics**
Students design, construct, and program interactive, autonomous robots using LEGO® parts, motors, sensors, and LEGO® software.
- 12-1pm: Lunch and Recess
Weather permitting, we will visit the Frederick Douglass Playground which is a block away. If it is raining, we watch short cartoon episodes as our break period or play a group game like “Apples to Apples” or “Pictionary.”
- 1-4pm: PM Session – Scratch Video Game Design or Stop Motion Animation
Students will create their own engaging, interactive animations and video games complete with characters, settings, obstacles, and controls using MIT Media Lab’s Scratch software.
- Students should be reading on a first grade reading level for Scratch programming.
WHAT STUDENTS SHOULD BRING
- Half-day students should bring their own NUT-FREE snack.
- Full-day students should bring their own NUT-FREE lunch and two snacks (morning & afternoon).
- Children should register for the camp program based on the grade they will be ENTERING in the fall.
- For parents interested in full day camp, please sign up for half-day AM and half-day PM on the same week.
Email RoboFun at email@example.com for a $55 refund* for the full-day registration. *Full day registration refunds cannot be combined with any promotional discounts.
- Extended Day Hours are available from 8:15-8:45 AM (for $15) & 4:00-5:00 PM (for $25).
If interested, please click here to fill out a form indicating your preferences at least 24 hours prior to the date you need extended care. One of our staff will follow up with you to confirm we have availability.
- Each camper receives a Robofun T-shirt.
- LEGO® projects cannot be taken home but we encourage pictures and videos to be taken during Parent Presentations.
- Student Scratch games will be uploaded to the Scratch website so they can continue working on their projects at home or show their friends and family.
- Student animations will be uploaded to VIMEO so they can continue view their animations at home or show their friends and family.